* The Council resolved that a Judicial Panel of Inquiry be set up to probe into allegations of failed contracts in the State. Contracts by CGC Construction Company and many others from 2003 to 2016 will be probed. This is aimed at ensuring the state is not defrauded through contracts that are capable of damaging the economic future of the State.
* Council approved the School Farm Scheme Initiative to boost food production and impress the importance of agriculture on pupils and students. It is believed that the program will boost the financial viability of schools across the state. The Honourable Commissioner For Agriculture said the scheme will cause agricultural revolution in the State.
* Council made a bold decision to harmonize taxes, levies, rates, fees and charges collectible by ministries, departments and agencies to help boost the IGR of the State, curb multiple taxation and enthrone transparency and accountability.
* The Governor said his government will be decisive in tackling corruption and waste, urging all council members to drive the New Direction Agenda.
* Council resolved to ensure strict compliance to the 2016 Budget, saying no extra-budgetary expenditure will be acceptable.
* Council adjourned till Wednesday 17th August, 2016.Signed: Kingsley Fanwo
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor