The lawmaker representing Zurmi West in Zamfara House of Assembly, Yusuf Moriki, told NAN that the incident occurred at Dole, Tudun Bugaje, Kwangwami communities in Zurmi LGA.
Honourable Moriki said 25 were killed, while many others were injured during the attack.
His words: "So far, we have the record of 25 people who were killed during the attack, while many others injured have been taken to hospital."
The bandits attacked the villages on Saturday night after carrying out similar attacks in communities at neighbouring Shinkafi LGA, the previous day.
Saturday night's attack occurs about two weeks after gunmen killed over 40 people in another attack in the same Zamfara.
The gunmen suspected to be cattle rustlers were said to have stormed a mining site in Gidan Ardo Village in Bindin district of Maru LGA.
Witnesses in the area said the gunmen, numbering over 70, rode into the mining site at around 3pm on November 7 and shot anyone on sight, killing over 40 persons and injuring several others.
Also, another 40 persons were kidnapped by gunmen in Maru area of the state on Friday.
Speaking on Saturday’s attack, Nigeria Police spokesperson, Dan Awunah, said seven of the victims were members of the communities where the hoodlums attacked. Two others were policemen.
He said the Police Mobile Force and the Counter-terrorism Unit had been deployed to the area to restore law and order.