20170322

So Sad! Live Wire Electrocutes Three Siblings In Delta

There was tears and wailing in Eku, in the Ethiope East area of Delta State after three children of a woman, identified as Ms Elohor Gabriel, were electrocuted on Saturday, following a power surge in the community.

It was learnt that the children were electrocuted when the covering of the cable connecting power to their apartment burnt, and the live wire came in contact with some burglar-proof bars while the children were playing at the veranda of the house they lived in.

The deceased were identified as Blessed Adam,6; Elizabeth Adam, 9; and John Oluwadare, 15.

It was gathered that they were the only ones at home when the incident occurred.

A source said, “We ran into our houses when we noticed the spark. When we came outside, we noticed that the children had been electrocuted while holding the burglar-proof bars covering the veranda of the house.

“We noticed that the wire connecting electricity to the house which passed through the burglary-proof bars, had been burnt, exposing it to the bars. The children touched some of the bars and were electrocuted.”

Mother of the children, Elohor, who is in her late 30s, said that she had yet to come to terms with the fact that her three children had gone.

The grieving mother said, “I was not at home when the incident happened and before I got to the hospital, where my neighbours had rushed them to, they were already gone.

“I went out to buy them bread and when I returned, I saw people in the house, who told me what happened. I saw their lifeless bodies at the hospital.”

18 comments:

  1. World of pain and grief, may God comfort the family.
    #Believe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very saddening..

    ReplyDelete
  3. May their souls rest in peace Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. may there souls rest in peace..what a sad loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wat a great lost to their family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oladimeji Seun22 March, 2017 17:36

    What a loss to the family. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh my God, this is so sad. May God grant her the strength to bear the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh God! How can the parents bear this tragedy... Very very sad

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a colossal loss. may we all never experience such a tragedy again. Amen!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sad,sorry madam what a great lose.the lord will comfort ur heart and give u peace.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments clean always. Thank you!