20170525

Businessman, Son Killed By Generator Fumes In Lagos

Tragedy struck Tuesday in Iwaya, Yaba area of Lagos after a businessman, Ayodele Megbuwawon and his teenage son, Tobi, were killed by generator fumes.

It was learnt that the victims put on their generator at the lobby of their bungalow, shut the doors and windows before going to bed on Monday.

While Tobi died in the room, the father, Ayodele, passed on at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, Idi-Araba.

A neighbour, Monday Okey, said, “I was in my room when one of our neighbours, Segun, came and said something was wrong with Ayodele because he had not come out like he used to.

“We looked through the door and saw him on the ground. We broke the window and entered the house. He was breathing slowly, but Tobi was dead.

“We rushed the father to LUTH, where he later died.”

Cousin to the deceased, Evangelist Michael Megbuwawon, described the incident as sad.

He said, “We were called when the incident happened. We are from Ilaje in Ondo State. At the moment, we are more interested in his burial.”

12 comments:

  1. If power was steady in this country, these types of incidents would not be so common. DISCOs and GENCOs please put aside your fast profit-making models and give us power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP to them, death is inevitable but not like this, God have mercy
    #Believe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blame Fashola for the incident, he is not doing enough for power sector.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a tragedy indeed..to enjoy light leading to death..may their souls rest in peace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oladimeji S.25 May, 2017 13:58

    This is tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. �������� Rest in peace

    ReplyDelete

Please keep your comments clean always. Thank you!