Deputy Speaker's Driver Goes Missing... family suspects foul play, cries out

The family of a missing driver to deputy speaker of Edo state House of Assembly, Hon. Victor Edoror, has appealed to security agencies to investigate his disappearance.

This is coming 4 years after both men were allegedly kidnapped, one returned but the other didn't..

Hon. Edoror, representing Esan Central was allegedly kidnapped with his driver, Mr Victor Igbinovia, at Irua in February, 2013, but was later released by his captors while the whereabouts of Igbinovia remained unknown.

Elder sister of the missing driver, Mrs Adesuwa Igunbor who spoke when she led his wife and daughter in protest at the state secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists in Benin, expressed sadness over the alleged lack of action from the lawmaker and security operatives.

Reacting, the lawmaker said that the matter was already before the police.

“I am on the way to Esan. The matter is already with the police,” Edoror said.

The Commissioner of Police, Mr. Johnson Kokumo, could not be reached for comments as calls put across to his telephone number did not connect.

However, Mrs. Igunbor lamented that absence of Igbinovia had created a burden for his wife, Felicia, and daughter, Osamudiamen, who was said to be barely two years old when her father went missing.

She explained that his brother had left his home after he allegedly received a call from his boss to drive him to Irrua on February 2, 2013.

She said, “After the call, my brother told his wife that he would return the next day, being February 3, and afterwards embarked on the journey.

“When his wife called him the next day, he told her that he was on his way back to Benin and that she should prepare rice for him.”

Igunbor said that subsequent calls put across to his brother’s mobile phone did not go through, a development which she said had prompted the family to protest at the assembly complex where they were later informed that Igbinovia and his boss had been kidnapped.

According to her, after two weeks of the abduction, she got information that they had been released but later discovered that only the lawmaker returned.

Igunbor further explained that the family members were allegedly informed later by Edoror that he and the driver were taken to separate locations by the gunmen.

How come? Over to police.