20190407

We Have No Deal With CJN Onnoghen - Buhari Presidency

There is no deal between the Presidency and embattled Justice Walter Onnoghen on his exit as Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), The Nation learnt last night.

Onnoghen who had been on suspension since January 25 following unsubstantiated allegations against him by the EFCC and the Presidency, turned in his letter of resignation on Thursday.

It is said that the Presidency wanted him to resign as they can't remove him through the senate.

But according to The Nation, highly placed Presidency sources said yesterday that at no time was a deal reached between the seat of power and Onnoghen or his representatives on how he should leave office.

Sources said his ongoing trial for non-declaration of assets would run its course.

There was anxiety yesterday over his fate at the Code of Conduct Tribunal which is handling the case.

Some forces in government are said to be pushing that the trial should go on, some members of the bench and the bar are in support of the NJC decision that Onnoghen be retired.

A top source at the CCT said the tribunal will go ahead with its sitting on April 15 unless there is a notice of discontinuance of the trial from the prosecutors.

Invest In Social Force & Get 50%
Click HERE >>

To Buy Cheap MTN & GLO Data 
Click HERE >>